Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Day in the Life...

This is the first thing I see when I open my eyes in the morning - A tangle of bikes. I roll out of bed, brush my teeth, and get dressed, in all my winter stuff.

Not so bright eyed and bushy tailed. I'm tired!

I grab my work bag and my gym bag and head out to the car. I have to drive to work now, instead of walk like I did in MKE...yeesh.

It snowed, so I have to brush off the car, first time this season.

I'm using JR's car, so there's a lot of bumper stickers to amuse the people behind me.

I get in the car and start heading to work.

Early Morning Midtown is quiet since it's a student's neighborhood, being very close to the college.

Get to work where I park by the very cool tree that has lost all it's leaves and none of it's berries. We can't figure out why.

I work for eight hours...which I wisely didn't take pictures of...

Except to show you that we drink starbucks a lot here.

My office is, for the most part, obsessed.

Do you see the tiny elephant hidden in this picture? this elephant is from the zoo trip that JR and I took right before I moved to Michigan.
I drive downtown to the gym by my house...

Park far away and start walking there...passing the People mover track

Stupid advertising graffiti

An abandoned high rise...

I go to spin class for an hour (it's hard to bike here in the D, esp. now that the light is gone. It's not ideal but it gets me pedaling for an hour here and there...) and then to pilates and that eats up most of my evening. Spin class was fine. Everyone did out of saddle climbing and I just sat there and pedaled. I do what I want because spin classes are too intense for where I need to be in November. Pilates class was HARD!!!! I've never had a pilates class that hard in my life. Instead of the usual exercises we had a giant therapy ball incorporated into them and I was flopping all over the place. yeesh.

I get home and wash up and change into my PJs...

Eat a bowl of veggie soup I made, and check out the internet for an hour or so. After that I am tired so I call JR and then go to bed.

1 comment: